Contact us for an academic edge!
Private Tuition - Why Hiring A Tutor Can Make A Difference
No doubt you would have heard the term 'private tuition' floating around. But what does it really mean? And how can it help?
Private tuition simply refers to the practice of engaging a tutor who is paid privately by the family/student, rather than by the state. The concept of private tutoring is by no means new. Ancient history tells us this much. The outcomes expected from hiring a tutor, however, have changed. Tutors were initially hired to help provoke philosophical ideas and teach students cultural refinement. Today this focus has shifted to the desire to beat others academically, gain entry to a university or simply to turn failure into successful results. According to recent research, more 25% of students aged 11 to 18 have received tutoring at some point in their education. This is probably a conservative figure, given that parents are increasingly concerned about perceived deficiencies in the schooling system and will seek to rectify it to give their child the best possible future.
What are the benefits of private tuition?
- Tutors can work at your child's pace and meet their specific needs. We will take them step by step through the processes and help them retain the information learned. Students will be able to overcome academic obstacles and become more self-sufficient in their studies.
- Our mission is to help students become well rounded and job ready. To do this, we teach students skills for life, such as how to study, how to think independently and critically after examining the information, time management and stress management. This means that in the long term, your child will be able to learn effectively without being reliant on a tutor to achieve superior grades. We motivate and encourage students with a direction, rather than 'spoon feed' them the answers.
- Flexibility. At Star Tutors, we understand that you and your child lead busy lives. That's why we offer 3 different methods of private tuition to best suit your needs: one-on-one or home tutoring, group tutoring and online tutoring.
- We will help your child set achievable goals and objectives. By setting goals, students and parents are able to see the measurable difference private tuition has made in results. This in turn cultivates greater enthusiasm for learning and confidence.
- Private tutoring frees up parents from helping their children. Our tutors are well prepared and experienced in all subjects tutored.
- All Star Tutors are screened appropriately and meet all legal requirements, including having a current Working With Children Check.
- Tutoring can teach children to view things in a more holistic matter, rather than the narrow way it can be taught in schools. For example, private Economics tutors and private English tutors are able to provide a wide array of engaging examples which are relevant and useful for students.
- Additional assistance with revision and assessments. We provide general school assignment and homework assistance to help students are able to perform to a higher standard.
- We provide a safe and non-judgmental environment for students to learn.
- Star Tutors are experienced and knowledgable in the subject matter and are screened carefully to ensure they meet all legal requirements (like a current Working With Children Check).
We understand that parents want to give their children the best possible future and opportunities in life. Our private tutors are experienced and friendly and will help your children to success. Many parents lead very busy lives and are often unable to help their children with homework or assessments. Private tuition can make all the difference to your child scoring the best possible grades. One-on-one attention and tailored lessons help students learn effectively!
Star Tutors are based in the Upper North Shore of Sydney. Our one-on-one and group private tuition sessions are available to families in the North Shore and Northern Beaches (see here for locations). Please see below for our full range of subjects we provide:
- Assignment Assistance.
- Business Studies.
- Essay Writing.
- Homework Assistance.
- HSC Preparation.
- NAPLAN Preparation.